Child Support Enforcement Across International Borders

Receiving the child support you are due can be a complicated issue. This is even more so when the non-custodial parent is not resident in the U.S.

child airplane

The State Department does have help available on this issue. Articles found at this State Department page help to answer the following questions.

  • What countries does the United States have child support enforcement agreements with at present?
  • Where do I go to get help in trying to enforce a child support obligation involving a resident of the U.S. and a resident of a foreign country?
  • Which U.S. states have child support arrangements with which foreign countries?
  • How can a U.S. passport be denied to a person obliged to pay child support?
  • If there is no federal or state reciprocal arrangement on child support enforcement, what other options are available?
  • How can a foreign child support order be enforced in the United States?

Child Support Abroad

Posted in: Child Custody and Support

Leave a Comment